The freedom to make choices and decisions is not exactly as it sounds. With many of the decisions you make, people around you will go as far as demanding for an explanation of why the decision was made. While you may feel obliged to provide an explanation, there are a number of things you do not have to explain to anyone. The following are 15 things that you do not owe anyone an explanation.
1. You do not owe an explanation for your living situation:
Who you live with or how you chose to live has nothing to do with anyone else so you do not have to explain it to anyone. If you are still home and everyone is asking why, you do not have to answer.
2. You do not owe an explanation for your life priorities:
Everyone is different and however you choose to prioritize what is important to you has nothing to do with anyone else.
3. You do not have to apologize if you are not sorry:
Many people rush to make an apology in an attempt to silence a situation. It is rather interesting that you need not make an apology if you do not feel the need to.
4. You do not need an explanation for requiring some alone time:
Whether you are termed as an anti-social person or a snob, this concerns no one. Requiring some alone time is normal and no one should hold that against you.
5. You do not have to agree to other people’s personal beliefs:
It is unfair that you have to agree to a number other people’s beliefs if you are not familiar with them or you do not support them. It is advisable that you gracefully disagree with them rather than nodding in agreement. It will come back to bite you.
6. You do not have to say “yes” to what others say:
Everyone has a right to make their own opinion and you do not have to say yes just to get the conversation going. If you do not agree, a simple no in disagreement is acceptable without a care if anyone is going to judge you.
7. You do not have to explain your physical appearance:
Individuals are so judgmental about other people’s physical appearance. If you are not overweight, you are too petite. You should not explain anything to anyone. You love how you look so everyone else is not a concern.
8. You do not have to explain why you prefer certain foods:
You do not like to eat this or that or your favorite food has a high calorie count. It’s just about you and let no one ask for an explanation.
9. You do not have to explain nothing about your sex life:
Why would you start to explain why or where your sex life is headed? You do not. The only time you have to would be when you are caught with a minor.
10. You do not have to explain your choice of career or other personal life choices:
Personal life choices are termed personal for a reason. They may affect others but you must consider the best approach for yourself. Therefore, no one else must be explained to on why you settled for work or a social life.
11. You do not have to explain your political or religious views:
You are what you are because you chose to and no one should hold that against you. Be proud to be a democrat, catholic, protestant or a republican.
12. You do not have to explain why you are single:
Being single should not be treated as a calamity. However you chose your marital status should not be anyone’s fault.
13. You do not have to go out on a date just because someone asked:
They asked you out on a date but you are not quite up to it. Do not go if you do not want to. While others will seek for answers, a simple no should work.
14. You do not have to explain about decisions based on marriage:
Marriage comes with a lot of decision making situations. You may not choose to have kids, others want many kids, and the list is endless. You will be glad to know that they are based on your marriage and not what everyone expects of you.
15. You do not have to explain your relationship choices:
Many people judge over your spouse and it is very rare that the comments are positive. It is none of their business who you opt to see and you do not have to bother explaining it.
Living a life that you build is important and though it may not always be perfect, there is always room for adjustments. Live your life and make your own decisions as you are bound to be happy that way.